- 1 large beet
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 cup (240 ml) Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (240 ml) walnut halves, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- juice of ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Cut off stem and peel beet. Coat in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a sprig of fresh thyme and wrap in tinfoil.
- Roast in the oven 60 minutes or until tender.
- Let beet cool and chop into cubes.
- Put beet cubes in a bowl. Add Greek yogurt and walnut halves. Squeeze on fresh lemon juice and drizzle over olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.