- 1 cup (240 ml) bulghur
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) duck fat
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup (240 ml) chickpeas, soaked for an hour, then boiled
- ¾ cup (180 ml) shelled walnuts, finely chopped, reserve some for garnish
- ½ cup (120 ml) crumbled feta cheese, reserve some for garnish
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) walnut oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried mint
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
- chopped walnuts
- feta cheese
- fresh mint
- Put bulghur in a bowl and pour in boiling vegetable stock. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, whisk all dressing ingredients together in a jar or bowl.
- Add duck fat to a saucepan and heat over low heat. Add onions and chickpeas and stir, then cover and let steam for ten minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine bulghur, chickpeas, onion, walnuts and feta in a large bowl, then toss with dressing.
- Turn out onto a large serving platter and grate with sprinkle with lemon zest, walnut, feta, and mint.