- 2 cups (480 ml) stemmed watercress
- ½ cup (120 ml) pine nuts, toasted
- juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- ½ cup (120 ml) grated Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 6 oz. (180 g) uncooked linguine
- 1 cup (240 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, combine watercress, pine nuts, lemon juice, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes, or until almost smooth.
- While the food processor is running, add olive oil in a steady stream until incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper and blend well.
- Remove pesto from the food processor and reserve for later use.
- Add linguine to a pot of lightly-salted boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Strain pasta, reserving some of the pasta water, and return warm pasta to the pot.
- Stir the pesto into the pasta, to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
- If pesto is too thick, add a little of the pasta water back into the pasta and stir well.
- Add cherry tomatoes and mix well.
- Serve pasta warm, garnished with extra Parmesan cheese.