- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup (240 ml) green zucchini strips
- 1 cup (240 ml) Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (240 ml) cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Drain, rinse and dry chickpeas.
- Place on a baking tray and roast in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let sit at room temperature.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot, and blanch Brussels sprouts for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts and put in ice water. Once cooled, remove the Brussels sprouts and pat dry.
- To make zucchini strips, use a vegetable peeler and peel the zucchini until you reach the seeds and repeat this on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place Brussels sprouts flat side down and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add onions, chickpeas, peppers and zucchini strips and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper and tomatoes.
- Cook for 1 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Serve with sunflower seed crusted sole (see recipe).