- 3 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red curry paste
- 2 cups (480 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (240 ml) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) green peas
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 12 Thai basil leaves
- 3 cups (720 ml) Jasmine rice, cooked
- Cook rice and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once golden brown, flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Once both sides are slightly crispy, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add curry paste to pan, and cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add half of the coconut milk, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken back to the pot, and stir.
- Add carrots, cauliflower and peas, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and remaining coconut milk.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add Thai basil and finish cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and serve with a side of jasmin rice.