- 1 cup (240 ml) strawberries
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (480 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 cups (720 ml) rolled oats
- 1 cup (240 ml) pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) chopped, dried apricots
- 4 strawberries, to garnish
- To make the granola, add vegetable oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat. Add oats and chopped pecans and cook, stirring periodically for 5-7 minutes or until toasted and golden. Mix together brown sugar with maple syrup and drizzle on top of the oats and nuts. Add cinnamon and salt. Stir contents of pan to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes until heated through. Add chopped apricots to pan and toss to combine. Toss contents of pan onto large sheet to cool.
- To make the parfait, place strawberries on a cutting board, scatter with sugar and chop roughly. Add ¼ cup (60 ml) of granola to the bottom of 4 serving glasses. Layer ¼ cup (60 ml) yogurt on top of granola in each glass. Layer sugared, chopped, strawberries between 4 serving dishes. Layer ¼ cup (60 ml) of granola on top of strawberries in each glass. Followed by ¼ cup (60 ml) yogurt in each glass. Finish each glass with 1 fresh strawberry.
- Store excess granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Here’s another healthy yogurt recipe that’ll keep you satisfied until lunch.