- 1 cup (250 ml) jasmine rice , rinsed in cold water
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 ½ tbsp (22.5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) chili pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4 skinless Mahi Mahi fillets, 4-5 oz. each
- 2 limes, cut into thin rounds
- knob ginger cut into 12 matchsticks
- 4 tbsp butter ( 1 tbsp for each pouch)
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen shelled edamame beans
- 4 tsp (20 ml) honey, 1 tsp for each pouch
- olive oil for finishing
- 4 tsp (20 ml) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold water until water runs clear. Place in a pot with coconut milk, sugar, salt, chili flakes, and lime juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Leave to simmer on low, covered for 15-20 minutes until done. Set aside to cool. This can be made ahead of time and chilled until preparing fish.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200C).
- Cut four pieces of parchment paper to 18×15 inches.
- Remove fish from the fridge and pat the fish dry to remove any excess moisture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay a piece of parchment flat. Scoop ½ cup (120 ml) cooked rice onto the parchment. Lay Mahi fillet on top of rice. Top with lime slices, 3 ginger sticks, and 1 tablespoon butter. Add a few frozen edamame beans and drizzle with honey. Wrap up parchment, stapling ends closed. Repeat with each Mahi fillet. Lay packages on a baking sheet and place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut open cooked Mahi packages. Finish with olive oil and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Allow packages to rest for 2 minutes before serving.