- 6 pieces of white fish of your choice (6 oz each or 180 g each)
- ½ shallot, diced
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fennel fronds
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Remove segments of the grapefruit and blood oranges using a small paring knife and by cutting between each membrane.
- Set aside segments in a bowl with fennel and fennel fronds.
- In a separate bowl, squeeze out all juice in leftover grapefruit and blood orange flesh, and add olive oil, shallots, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together, and slowly add olive oil to make an emulsified dressing
- Cut large squares of parchment paper.
- Over each square of parchment paper, place a piece of fish, topped with the fennel mixture and dressing.
- Tightly wrap the parchment paper around the fish and fold to seal the edges. This will help steam the fish and fennel.
- Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes, or until fish is flaky and salad is tender.
- Let rest 3-4 minutes before serving.