- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- oil, for frying
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat oil to 400F in deep fryer.
- Combine rice flour, coconut milk, sugar and salt, adjusting with water as necessary to form a thick batter. Add in egg, and stir to combine.
- Heat a Sri Lankan rose mould in oil for 5 seconds, dabbing excess oil on a paper towel.
- Dip three quarters of the mould into the batter, lift it up and dip it into the hot oil. After about 3 to 4 seconds, lightly shake the mould to release the cookie.
- Cook until golden, remove with tongs, and drain on a paper towel.
- Repeat until you have made desired number of cookies. Sprinkle with icing sugar once cookies have cooled slightly.