4 to 6
Ease of preparation
- 1 Italian sausage, meat removed from casing
- ½ cup (120 ml) chopped pancetta
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) chopped, mixed fresh herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, mint)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (480 ml) spinach leaves
- 1 cup (240 ml) arugula leaves
- ¾ cup (180 ml) chopped, cooked artichoke hearts (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup (240 ml) chopped asparagus
- 6 eggs, whisked
- Salt and pepper
- Radicchio, freshly torn, for garnish
- Grilled, buttered Italian bread
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large skillet, brown sausage meat and pancetta. Add onions and garlic, cooking until translucent and fragrant.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound mixed herbs together with olive oil, or blitz with a food processor. Add herb mix to pan and stir to combine with meat and onions. Add spinach and arugula and cook until just wilted. Add artichoke and asparagus and stir to combine. Arrange ingredients evenly around pan and pour in whisked eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Serve cold with freshly torn radicchio and grilled, buttered Italian bread.