- 4 large hot dog buns
- 4 spicy Italian sausages
- 2 cups (480 ml) Grilled Banana Barbecue sauce
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- ½ cup (120 ml) pickled red onion, for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped celery leaves, for garnish
- Heat grill to 400F (205C).
- Lightly brush sausages with oil.
- Place sausages on hot grill.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip sausages and close grill lid.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Once fully cooked and lightly charred, remove sausages from grill.
- Place lettuce leaves in hot dog bun.
- Top sausages with Grilled Banana Barbecue sauce.
- Garnish with pickled onions, celery leaves, and parsley.
Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbecue.