- ¾ cup (180 ml) ground rice
- 1 cup (240 ml) whole milk
- ½ cup (120 ml) sugar
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) caraway seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) anise seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated fresh peeled ginger
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) peeled almonds
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) pine nuts
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) pistachios
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) walnuts
- Add ground rice to a pot.
- Pour milk into pot. Add sugar and whisk to combine. Slowly add water, stirring.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add caraway seeds and anise seeds to a mortar and pestle and grind. Pour into pan.
- Grate in fresh ginger.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the consistency of pudding.
- Pour mixture into bowls.
- Top with almonds, coconut, pine nuts, pistachios and walnuts.
- Serve cooled with spiced coffee.