- 2 eggplants
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) tahini
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tsp (15 ml) pomegranate molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 0live oil, for garnish
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- pita bread, for serving
- Char eggplants on the barbeque or in a skillet. Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel eggplants. Drain eggplant flesh in a colander to remove excess moisture.
- Mash eggplant flesh in a bowl. Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Add tahini, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, roasted garlic cloves and salt, and stir with gusto.
- Put into a bowl or on a plate and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
- Serve with pita bread.