- 2 coho salmon fillets, 8-12 oz (225-340 g)
- 20 cloves of garlic
- 4 shallots, peeled and quartered with stems intact
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1 handful of parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) canola oil
- Roast garlic and shallots with oil and salt in a pan for about 25 minutes in the oven at 350F (180C). Remove from oven and add thyme.
- Let the salmon sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Place the salmon fillet on top of the roasted garlic and shallot. Season, and place the pan in the oven at medium-high (recipe said 350 heat for 30 minutes.) To test doneness, use a paring knife and stick in into the fish. If is slides in easily, it is done.
- Plate salmon with roasted shallots and garlic, and spoon chive oil over top.
For chive oil
- Blitz chives, parsley, garlic, salt, and canola oil in a blender for about 30 seconds. The oil can be refrigerated for up to a month; bring to room temperature before using.