- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano, divided
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) dried rosemary, divided
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) dried thyme, divided
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 cups (480 ml) passata, divided
- 1 cup (240 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (240 ml) cottage cheese
- 10 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 2 cups (480 ml) mozzarella
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, and ground beef and cook until browned. Add teaspoon (2.5 ml) oregano, ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) rosemary, ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) thyme, salt and pepper and mix in. Pour in 1 cup (240 ml) of passata and diced tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cottage cheese with remaining rosemary, oregano and thyme. Set aside.
- Top beef mixture in skillet with broken noodles. Pour over the remaining passata. Pour in water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, top with dollops of cottage cheese mixture and cover with shredded mozzarella. Broil in the oven 2-5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove from oven and top with basil.
Or, try out this recipe for butternut squash lasagna.