4 to 6 servings
Ease of preparation
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cured mild Italian sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (240 ml) white wine
- ½ cup (120 ml) tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) parsley
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) tarragon
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) paprika
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) saffron
- 3 cups (720 ml) clam juice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) pepper
- ½ pound (227 g) calamari
- ½ pound (227 g) salmon
- ½ pound (227 g) halibut
- 1 pound (454 g) mussels (cleaned and debearded)
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) couscous
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sliced almonds
- Add saffron and clam juice to a pan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic cloves, and cured sausage and cook until fragrant. Add white wine and stir until reduced. Stir in tomato paste, basil, parsley, tarragon, paprika, cinnamon, saffron and clam juice mixture, salt, and pepper. Reduce 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add calamari, salmon, halibut, and mussels, toss, and cover for 10-12 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a pan. Take it off the heat and immediately stir in couscous. Cover and let sit 15 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Add to serving bowls. Spoon fish sauce with chunks of seafood over top. Garnish with sliced almonds.