- 3 cups (720 ml) vegetable stock
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (240 ml) uncooked bomba rice
- 1 cup (240 ml) dried p-orcini mushrooms, rehydrated
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, stems removed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- 2 cups (480 ml) quartered chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 cups (480 ml) quartered cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup (240 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- fried rosemary leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring vegetable stock to a simmer over medium heat.
- Keep warm for later use.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic, and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add rice and stir well to coat with olive oil.
- Add porcini mushrooms and rosemary, and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add about ¾ cup of stock and bring to a simmer.
- Continue simmering until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Add more stock and continue simmering until absorbed.
- Repeat until rice is tender.
- While rice is simmering, heat remaining oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a second large skillet.
- Add chanterelle and cremini mushrooms, and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Reserve mushrooms for later use.
- Once the rice is tender, stir in half the Parmesan cheese, the remaining butter, and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix until cheese and butter have melted.
- Serve risotto warm, topped with the fried mushrooms, remaining Parmesan cheese and fried rosemary leaves (optional).