- 5 dried Pasilla chilies, seeded
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 lamb racks, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- small pinch ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, soak dried Pasilla chilies in 1/4 cup (60 ml) of hot water for 20 minutes.
- Strain and reserve soaking liquid.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, rehydrated Pasilla chilies and reserved soaking liquid.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, then transfer mixture to a food processor.
- Add honey, apple cider vinegar, and cumin to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer lamb racks to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinate over the lamb to cover and transfer leftover marinade to a second bowl.
- Reserve for later use.
- Sprinkle oregano over the marinated lamb.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place marinated lamb flesh-side down in the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until lamb is lightly charred.
- Flip lamb and place skillet in the oven for 5-6 minutes to finish cooking.
- Remove lamb from the skillet and place on a cutting board to rest for 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, slice lamb between each bone and transfer to a serving platter.
- Combine reserved marinade with equal parts water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring marinade to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve lamb with warm sauce.