Warm salads like this one are best enjoyed right when they’re made. This is a new favourite in our home, and we’re certain it will become one for you, too.
- ½ medium cauliflower, core removed and cut into small florets
- 1 cup butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- good pinch of tsp flaky sea salt
- good pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup red quinoa
- water, for cooking
- ¼ cup red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup apple, medium diced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped (including stems)
- ½ cup mint leaves
- handful of micro basil and amaranth, to finish (optional)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- pinch flaky sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgine Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut cauliflower into florets, and peel and cube butternut squash.
- Toss with cooking oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa. Prep the onion, apple and herbs. In a mason jar, add dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice, flaky sea salt, black pepper and evoo. Seal with lid, and shake vigorously to emulsify. Once vegetables are roasted, remove from oven and set aside.
- Toss quinoa with apple, red onion, cilantro. Plate in a bowl and top with roasted vegetables, micro greens and mint. Dress with vinaigrette, and serve immediately.