- 4 medium beets, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) raspberry vinegar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced fresh tarragon
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Partially boil the beets for approximately 20 minutes or until slightly fork tender but still firm.
- Allow beets to cool before peeling and slicing into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick rounds. Set aside.
- Pour the raspberry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and tarragon into a bowl. Whisk until combined. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Preheat the barbecue to 250F (120C).
- Using a brush, apply the Raspberry Vinaigrette to the beets.
- Brush grill with oil.
- Place the beets on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes per side, until slightly charred.
- Remove the finished beets from the grill. Serve with barbecued scalloped potatoes.
Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbecue.