- 1 side of beef short ribs, approximately 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
- ½ cup (120 ml) Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp(15 ml) thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season beef short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Rub Dijon all over the meat.
- In a food processor, mix together oil, paprika, crushed red pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Pour marinade over the Dijon and rub it into the meat.
- Let the meat marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Place ribs on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Place ribs in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove ribs from oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place ribs back in oven, reduce heat to 325oF (165oC) and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove ribs from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut behind the bones to make individual ribs.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs flesh side down on a hot grill and sear both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Once both sides are slightly charred, remove from grill.
- Serve immediately.
*Serve with chimichurri. See recipe.