- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium prawn, washed and dried
- 3 tbsp chives
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp (1 ml) Sesame oil
- 24-30 wonton wrappers
- 4 cups (945 ml) Water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dashi granules
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) miso paste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 12 enoki mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp butter
- Place prawns in a food processor with chives, ginger, and kosher salt, and blitz until it is pulpy. Do not over mix. Scoop the mixture into a bowl. Add sesame oil and stir.
- With a small spoon, place about ½ oz. of mixture into each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edge of wonton wrapper and fold over into desired shape.
- Cover wontons with plastic wrap and a damp towel until ready to use.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine dashi granules and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in the miso paste. Add soy sauce and mirin. Place the prawn wontons into the soup to simmer for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, green onions, and butter. Simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Top with sesame oil as desired.