- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) baby back pork ribs, membrane removed and cut into individual ribs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pepperoncini, sliced
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) chopped fresh mint, divided
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef stock
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Remove membrane from the ribs.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Season the pork ribs with salt and pepper and fry them in the pan a few minutes, turning. Remove to a plate.
- Pour out some of the fat. Lower the heat and add shallots, garlic, and pepperoncini and fry until fragrant. Add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of chopped mint and beef stock. Put the ribs back in the pan and cook 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove ribs to a plate. Add butter to sauce in skillet and stir in. Add lime juice and remove from heat. Pour sauce over ribs. Sprinkle with remaining mint and serve with lime wedges on the side.