- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) nutmeg
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) pepper
- 1 tbsp(15 ml) canola oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skin-on bone-in
- cooked rice, for serving
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- To a food processor, add garlic, pomegranate molasses, honey, cumin, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Puree.
- Heat canola oil in an oven-safe skillet. Add chicken breasts skin side-down and fry until skin is golden-brown.
- Turn over and fry another few minutes. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook in oven on 400 F (205 C) for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.Put rice on plates. Remove chicken and place on top of rice.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped parsley.