- 4 lamb racks, 5 bones each
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) shelled pistachios
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lavender buds (fresh or dried)
- Drizzle meaty top-side of lamb racks with honey and sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper.
- Blend pistachios, lemon zest and lavender buds to create crust.
- Roll honeyed top-side of racks evenly in crust, pressing down lightly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat one side of the barbecue to 375F (190C) and brush grill with oil.
- Place the lamb, crusted side up, over the unheated side of the grill and cook with the lid down for 15 minutes (for medium-rare).
- Remove lamb from grill and loosely cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve lamb racks into single chops.
Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbecue.