- 1 sheet frozen store-bought puff pastry, defrosted in the fridge overnight
- 3-4 tbsp store bought pesto, basil or sundried tomato
- ¼ cup finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- flour, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 450F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a flat work surface with some flour and unroll your thawed puff pastry.
- Evenly spread the pesto over top of the pastry, making sure to cover every inch. Follow with an even sprinkling of the Parmesan cheese then season with the salt and pepper.
- To form the palmier, fold the left and right edges of the pastry to the centre of the square. Repeat this by yet again folding the left and right edges of the pastry to the centre. Fold one half over the other like closing a book and place the whole roll onto one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Pop the roll into the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up then slice into ¼-½-inch slices with a very sharp knife. Lay the slices cut side up approximately 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown and delicious all around.
- Allow the palmiers to sit on the hot baking sheet for about 5 minutes then carefully transfer to a cooling rack. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. For leftovers, store at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.