- 2 pandan leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) coconut milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) palm sugar, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 slices of brioche bread, cut into cubes
- In a food processor, blend pandan leaves with coconut milk until smooth and green.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor, and run through a fine sieve.
- Place mixture in a medium size pot, and discard pandan fibers.
- Stir in condensed milk.
- Heat pot over medium-low heat until steaming.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, palm sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Slowly add the warm coconut and pandan mixture to dry mix, whisking constantly.
- Pour mixture back into pot, and cook over low heat until it reaches a slightly thick consistency.
- Remove from heat and add the condensed milk.
- Serve custard with warm pieces of bread and drizzle extra condensed milk over the top.