Ease of preparation
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cubed pancetta
- 4 cups (1 L) halved fingerling potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) sliced leeks (about 1 large leek)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) smoked paprika + more for topping
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) celery seed
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped lamb’s quarters, stems removed (substitute: spinach)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) crumbled goat feta
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add in potatoes and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Add in garlic, leeks, paprika, and celery seed and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in lamb’s quarters, stir and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spoon or fork, make 4 small spaces in the mixture for the eggs. Crack 1 egg into each of the 4 spaces. Crumble goat feta over the entire mixture. Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs have reached desired doneness and cheese is soft.
- Dust eggs with smoked paprika.