- ½ tsp (3 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 ml) allspice
- ½ tsp (3 ml) cayenne
- ½ tsp (3 ml) nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (2 ml) ground cloves
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 lbs. (900 g) lamb ribs, cut between each bone
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 ½ tbsp (23 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) harissa paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Toast all dry spices (except salt) in a small frying pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and combine with salt.
- Rub spice mix over lamb riblets, and marinate for 30 minutes
- In a large cast iron pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Place riblets in hot oil, and cook each side for 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, combine melted butter with harissa paste, garlic and orange juice.
- Remove riblets from hot pan, and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush seasoned butter over the riblets, and place baking sheet in the hot oven.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until slightly charred.
- Remove from oven, and serve hot.