4 to 6 servings
Ease of preparation
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (480 ml) Arborio rice
- ½ cup (120 ml) white wine
- 6 cups (1.4 L) chicken stock
- 2 cups (480 ml) fresh peas
- 1 cup (240 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (120 ml) finely chopped mint
- Salt and pepper
- Pea shoots, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add rice and stir to coat in oil. Add white wine and stir, bubbling, until reduced slightly. Add 3 cups (720 ml) of chicken stock, bring to a simmer and cook until rice has absorbed liquid. Keep adding stock 1 cup (240 ml) at a time and continue stirring until rice is creamy and tender. Add peas, parmesan, mint, salt, and pepper and stir until cheese has melted and liquid has completely absorbed.
- Ladle hot risotto onto plates and garnish with pea shoots.