- 24 frozen tart shells
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (28 oz) unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
For Brandied Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping (35%) cream
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ ounce brandy
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange the frozen tart shells on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt and mix well. Add the milk and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the tart shells, filling completely. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and continue baking for another
- 20 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the centre of a tart comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely. Serve with brandied whipped cream.
For Whipped Cream
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold in brandy. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
The Everyday Squash Cook is a Taste Canada finalist
Recipes from The Everyday Squash Cook © 2014 by Rob Firing, Ivy Knight & Kerry Knight. Photography © Reena Newman. Published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. All rights reserved.