4 cups (1 L)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 27-oz. can (796 ml) diced tomatoes
- 5-oz. can (156 ml) tomato paste
- ½ grated onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) pepper
- fresh grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add diced tomatoes in liquid, tomato paste, onion, garlic, oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir and bring to a gentle boil. Cook, stirring periodically for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with jumbo turkey meatballs and zoodles, and top with freshly grated Parmesan.