- 4 limes, zest and juice
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh corn cut from 6 whole cobs
- ½ chipotle chili in adobo sauce, seeded, plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the adobo sauce
- 4 cups (1 l) chicken broth or lobster stock
- ½ lb (227 g) cooked lobster meat
- 1 ripe and ready avocado
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) lightly toasted whole cumin seeds
- whole cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Place 3 tbsp (45 ml) lime juice, zest, corn kernels, chipotle chili, adobo sauce, chicken broth or lobster stock, pinch of salt in a blender, process until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a sauce pan and place over moderate heat, cook until the mixture reaches a simmer.
- Keep warm.
- Cut the lobster into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Peel, pit and dice the avocado into ½ inch (1.27 cm) dice add to the bowl. Mix in the toasted cumin seeds, remaining tablespoon of lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Place the warm soup into 4 bowls, place a mound into the center of each bowl with the lobster mix.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.