- ½ cup (120 ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) corn syrup
- ½ cup (120 ml) butter
- 1 cup (240 ml) ground pecans
- ½ cup (120 ml) flour
- 6 oz. (170 g) dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a saucepan and cook until the mixture has started to thicken.
- Take off the heat.
- Add ground pecans and flour and whisk in.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop full teaspoons of batter onto a baking sheet, leaving a good amount of space in between for spreading.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and let cool until firm.
- Melt dark chocolate in a bain marie.
- Use a spoon to dollop some melted chocolate onto the flat side of a cookie and spread with the back of the spoon.
- Put another cookie on top so that it forms a sandwich.
- Repeat until all cookies are used up.
- Let chocolate harden.