- 1 cup (240 ml) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (120 ml) icing sugar
- ½ tsp (3 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- food colouring (red and green)
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Add salt and mix with fingers
- Add vanilla and coconut oil to the dry mixture and mix until you reach the proper consistency, firm but slightly crumbly.
- Split dough into 3 separate mixing bowls.
- The first will stay as is.
- To the second, add a few drops of red food colouring and knead the dough until you reach the colour you like.
- Repeat this process with the third bowl until you reach a nice green colour.
- Cut a small piece of dough and roll into a ½ inch ball.
- Repeat until all the dough is rolled into balls.
- Cut each piece into quarters, this will give you 4 pieces that resemble flower petals.
- Place 3 of these petals in order for them to meet at the center of the flower.
- The fourth petal will be rolled into a small ball, and placed in the center of the flower to hold the petals in place.
- Repeat this process until all the dough balls have been shaped into flowers.
- Place flower cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place cookies in oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.