- 12 large jalapenos, destemmed and seeded
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cream cheese
- ¾ cup (180 ml) old cheddar, grated
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheeses, cheddar, garlic powder, onion salt, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Mix until filling is uniform and smooth.
- Using a piping bag, fill the inside of each jalapeno with the seasoned cream cheese.
- To wrap the jalapeños in bacon, fold bacon over the open top of the jalapeno, then wrap around the sides.
- If the bacon doesn’t stay in place, secure it by running a toothpick thru it and the jalapeno.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle poppers with olive oil, and place them on the grill.
- Cook each side for 2-3 minutes, for a total of 8-12 minutes.
- Once bacon is fully cooked and jalapeno is soft, remove from grill and serve immediately.
Catch the Super Bowl LII on Sunday, February 4th at 6 p.m. ET on CTV!