- 4 portions of ramen noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp (5ml) canola oil
- ¼ tsp (1ml) salt
- 2 Japanese cucumbers, julienned
- 4 slices of ham, skinless and julienned
- 4 crab sticks, julienned
- 2 large tomatoes, julienned
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- ½ tsp (3 ml) chili oil
- shredded nori, for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Add noodles and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain noodles and cool in ice water. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Season eggs with salt, and pour ½ in the pan.
- Move the eggs around in order for them to coat the entire surface of the pan.
- Cook until egg crepe is set, then gently flip.
- Cook second side for a few seconds only before removing from pan.
- Repeat the process with remaining egg mixture.
- When both crepes are cooked, remove all edges to form a square, fold once and julienne. Set aside.
- To make salad dressing, mix soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and chili in a large mixing bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- On each plate, assemble salads by placing noodles, ham, omelet, tomato, cucumber and crab side by side.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve cold.
- Garnish with nori and sesame seeds.