- 6×4 oz. (6 x 120 g) mahi mahi fillets
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ cup (120 ml) fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lime zest
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dark rum
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- In a small frying pan, bring dark rum to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Put all ingredients (including rum) except the fish and olive oil in a blender. Start blending and add in olive oil gradually.
- Place mahi mahi fillets into a plastic bag and pour marinade over top to cover.
- Seal the bag, removing the air, and gently massage the marinade into the fish.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bring grill to a high heat.
- Grill mahi mahi fillets for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Cuban black beans and rice (see recipe).