5 to 6 servings
- 16 garlic scapes
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 pounds (907 g) red potatoes
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) store-bought or homemade mayonnaise (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped fresh dill
- Skewer garlic scapes, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill scapes on barbeque over medium heat, turning until tender and charred. Remove from grill. Squeeze lemon juice over top. Let cool for a few minutes. Chop and add to bowl.
- Add red potatoes to salted boiling water. Cook until tender. Remove from water and cool slightly. Gently press on warm potatoes with the flat of a knife and add to bowl with grilled scapes.
- For the dressing, add mayonnaise, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and whisk thoroughly. Pour dressing over potatoes and scapes and toss to combine. Top with fresh parsley and dill, and stir in.
- Serve with honey-grilled carrots (see recipe) and grilled chicken.