- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 15 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) salt
- 8 oz. (226 g) creamy Greek feta, cut into slabs
- 3 tsp (15 ml) chopped fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, combine red onion, tomatoes, cucumber and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Pour olive oil dressing over salad ingredients and toss well.
- Lay feta slabs over salad ingredients.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano.
- Serve with Fried Olive Bread (see recipe).