1 1/2 cups
Ease of preparation
- 1 cup (240 ml) basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) coarse salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) pine nuts
- 1 cup (240 ml) olive oil, divided
- ½ cup (120 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (120 ml) grated pecorino cheese
- Wash and dry basil leaves. Add basil leaves and salt to mortar and pestle and muddle. Add garlic and pine nuts and grind to a paste. Spoon into a bowl, add ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil, and mix. Add grated parmesan, grated pecorino, and remaining ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil and stir in.
- Serve tossed with Pasta Coins (see recipe).