- 12 zucchini flowers, trimmed
- 1 cup (240 ml) ricotta cheese
- ½ cup (120 ml) parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) breadcrumbs
- zest from one lemon
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup (240 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) sparkling water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the batter by combining the flour, salt and sparkling water.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot heat frying oil to 375F (190C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, lemon zest, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs.
- Stuff each zucchini flower with the cheese mix, and twist the edges.
- Dip each flower in the batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess liquid.
- Serve hot.