4 to 6 servings
Ease of preparation
- 1 cup (240 ml) flour
- ½ cup (120 ml) cornstarch
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) mixed seafood (shrimp, squid tentacles and rings, scallops)
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 cup (240 ml) white wine
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- Mix together flour and cornstarch.
- Add seafood to a bowl, the pour over white wine. Toss to coat. Working in small batches, add seafood and sage leaves to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Add oil to a deep-sided pot and heat to 375 F (190 C). Add seafood a few at a time and cook until golden and crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with lemon wedges.