Ease of preparation
- 2 ¼ cups (540 ml) mashed ripe banana (about 4-5 large bananas)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) full-fat sour cream
- ¾ cup (180 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) walnut oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (480 ml) flour
- ¾ cup (180 ml) whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) cloves
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- ¾ cup (180 ml) walnut pieces, toasted
- ½ cup (120 ml) semisweet chocolate, chopped
Let’s get baking!
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C). Grease a 10-inch x 6-inch (25 cm x 15 cm) loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Add mashed banana and sour cream to a bowl and stir to combine. Add sugar, coconut oil, walnut oil, eggs, and vanilla and blend evenly.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, cloves, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk to combine evenly. Add dry mixture to wet in 3 parts, folding until just combined.
- Pour ½ the batter into one half of the loaf pan. Fold toasted walnuts and semisweet chocolate in with the remaining ingredients. Pour this remaining batter into the other half of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.