Summer ain’t over yet, and these irresistible BBQ chicken and pineapple skewers are definitely worth whipping up before the Fall weather hits.
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb. chicken breast, large cubes
- 1 medium red onion, large chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, large chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, large chunks
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine shallot, ketchup, yellow mustard, chipotle powder, tobasco sauce, honey, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Heat up your grill. Assemble skewers with chicken, red onion, bell pepper and pineapple. Brush generously with sauce, and grill for a couple minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through.
- Cut up a lemon into quarters, and grill each side until charred. Squeeze juice over skewers when serving.