- ½ cup (120 ml) soft butter
- ½ cup (120 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) corn starch
- ½ tsp (3 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Brandy
- 2 tsp (10 ml) of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- ½ tsp (3 ml) salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) dulce de leche
- ½ cup (120 ml) grated coconut flakes
- In a mixing bowl, work the butter and sugar together.
- Add sugar, egg yolks, lemon zest, Brandy and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients and incorporate.
- Once the dough all well mixed, remove and place on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Roll up as a log, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut coins of cookie dough about ½ inch thick.
- Place coins of dough on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put tray in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Once cookies are cooked, but not colored, remove from oven and cool at room temperature.
- For each cookie, place one upside down, top with 1 large tablespoon (15-20 ml) of dulce de leche and place a cookie over the top.
- Press down slightly on the top cookie and cover the dulce de Leche that is heaping out the sides with coconut flakes.
- Serve Cold.