- ¾ cup (180 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (480 ml) cubed carrots
- 2 lbs. (900 g) white flesh potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups (1.44 L) chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) dill pickles, cubed + 1 cup (240 ml) dill pickles, julienned (for garnish)
- ¾ cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream + more, for garnish
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) dill pickle juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Stir in carrots and potatoes and cook, while stirring, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in pickles, and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sour cream and ½ cup of water until smooth.
- Slowly whisk flour mixture into the soup until incorporated.
- Add pickle juice and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Serve soup hot, garnished with fresh dill, julienned dill pickles,and extra sour cream.