- 3 cups (720 ml) mini starchy potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- ½ cup (120 ml) diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp (7.5 ml) smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Scrub potatoes clean and add to a microwave-safe dish with a lid. Add potatoes to microwave and cook on high for 7 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a large, heavy frying pan over medium heat. Remove potatoes from microwave and add to pan, squishing to flatten. Cook potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning periodically to get both sides of the potatoes golden and crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Or, give your potato hash a spicy kick.