- 100 g (3½ oz) butter
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) maple syrup
- 125 g (4½ oz) flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g (4½ oz) caster sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 150 g (5 oz) rolled (porridge) oats
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the butter and maple syrup in a saucepan and on a medium heat, stir together until the butter has melted. Then set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in to a mixing bowl, then stir in the sugar, cinnamon and oats. Mix the egg with the butter and maple syrup and then mix with the dry ingredients to form a soft sticky dough.
- Spoon the mixture out with two teaspoons onto a lined baking tray, form balls of dough about the size of a walnut. Place on the baking tray at least an inch apart. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until spread out and just dry to the touch. Once out of the oven allow the cookies to sit on the tray for a few minutes to set before transferring to a wire rack to cool.