- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil, divided
- 4 raw chorizo sausages, removed from casings
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (480 ml) cooked black beans
- 1 baguette, divided into 4
- 1 cup (240 ml) Panela cheese, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons (23 ml) of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chorizo meat, onions and garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, for 7-8 minutes, until onions are soft and chorizo is golden brown.
- Stir black beans into the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- In a second pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Slice baguettes open and lay bread, cut-side down, into the pan to toast until golden. Repeat with remaining baguette until all portions are toasted.
- Spoon chorizo and black bean mix into the sandwiches and top with Panela cheese and sliced avocado.
- Serve warm.